1) WHY DO WE ASK YOU THE REASON FOR YOUR USE OF A PARTICULAR PRODUCT?
This is done not to invade your privacy, but to better assist you in understanding the full or potential use of the product. There may be a different product that would better suit your needs.
2) CAN YOU USE YOUR OWN PERSONAL VEHICLE TO PICK THE PRODUCT UP?
Unfortunately not. The yard where the wood chips are produced is extremely busy. There is machinery and large trucks moving in many areas. Due to safety issues, we cannot allow private vehicles in the yard.
3) WHAT DO WE USE TO DELIVER OUR PRODUCTS?
We have three delivery methods for our products:
- First, we can deliver 40 to 50 yards at a time with a “small” truck. This vehicle is a Kenworth Straight Truck and measures about 31′. It holds 50 yards and will weigh about 57,000 to 64,000 LBS. The ground has to be firm enough to hold that much weight. We can put half the load in one area and the other half in another area if desired and there is appropriate room to do so.
- Our second delivery method available is our 48′ long belt trailer. This trailer is available for delivery of 70 to 100 yards of material, depending on moisture. The overall combination is about 65′ long and will weigh about 96,000 LBS when loaded. The ground has to be firm enough to hold this much weight as well as there must be enough room to maneuver in and out of the area safely.
- The third option available is our Peterbuilt dump truck and pup trailer. The truck is about 20 feet long and when loaded will weigh about 62,000 LBS. If the pup is attached, it will be about 70′ long and weigh about 105,000 LBS. When the truck is without the pup trailer attached, the dump truck can haul 15 yards. When the pup trailer is attached, it will be a combined total of 25 yards of soil.
4) WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO SPREAD THE PRODUCT?
Since we only deliver in 50 yard quantities or more, it is best to have a tractor, rent a tractor, or have a tractor lined up for use. It is difficult to shovel and wheelbarrow mulch.
5) HOW MUCH DO YOU NEED TO COVER AN AREA?
You will want to know the square footage and how thick you want to lay the material. One good online calculator is found at: https://www.landscapecalculator.com/calculators/mulch